Are you in need of a destination? Sometimes you just can't seem to find an interesting, fitting, or challenging destination. The flights below may fill that need. Some are interesting from a historical standpoint. Some provide challenging or difficult beginnings or landings. Some may take you to exotic destinations. Some may even be all of the above at once. None are mandatory. The flights are usually about an hour in length, depending on the aircraft used. Use GAC appropriate aircraft and be sure to include the wording "Pilot Getaways flight" in the comments section of your FR.
Where possible, we are trying to supply scenery add-on links (courtesy of Ryan P GAC059) for part or all of each individual flight. Click on each flight for details and scenery links (if any).
As usual, have fun.
- Isafjordur Airport Greenland
- Scenic approach in New Zealand
- Tough Approach
- Flight to Alpine Wyoming
- Fifth highest-altitude airport in the world
- Flight for the Human Spirit
- Paro International Airport
- Mt. Cook New Zealand
- Flight to Pokhara, Nepal
- Jim Tweto (Flying Wild Alaska) Flight to Koyukuk Canada
- Flight to Kangerlussuaq Airport, Greenland
- Mount Hotham, Australia
- Flight to Mount Hagen Airport, Papua New Guinea